Monday 16 November 2015

DIY Armour (not mine)

For Halloween (when it was Halloween), I decided to make my own costume because I saw a cool DIY on youtube from an amazing artist that I follow and she makes everything look super easy. So when I saw the way she made armour I thought it was just the shiz and wondered if I would try it for fun one day. That day never came until Halloween this year when I realised I should probably not wear my dollar shop witch costume for age 11+ two years in a row (though I don't think it was in a row) ((still, I took a lot of photos with it)). I decided to go online to look for something. But it was all pretty expensive. So I took all that for an excuse to finally make myself some armour so I would look all badass and that.

So my sister helped me with the first two steps and I stayed up a bit longer trying to finish it. I reckon if you set an entire day to making the costume, provided you had everything you needed, you would probably finish it in a day. The most time consuming would probably be cutting up the pieces for the armour. This is what it eventually looked like before spray paint.



And this is what it looked after spray paint.


It was pretty easy to make and after wearing it to the Halloween party, I'd say it was more endurable than it felt with only minimal damage. It also looked tough (or uncomfortable) enough to stop random people from wanting to dance too close (also it wasn't very sexy and revealing) so if you're looking for a fun dress-up or cosplay idea that's not too out there but looks cool anyway, this is something you should definitely try out. For an awesome effect, get all your friends to make one for themselves and then go out like an entire battalion! 

The artist really is amazingly creative and inspiring. She makes a bunch of DIY stuff as well as artistic designs, music, writing (she's written a book) and she also makes some really cool makeup tutorials. If you're interested in following, here is a link to her website:
http://www.klairedelys.com/

And this is the link for the costume:

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment